Operational risk management is a core skill for anyone working in financial services.
Whether you are looking to build on your existing role or step up to a new role with a focus on risk, this course will help you understand best practice risk management.
Key course details
|Duration||14 Hours across a 2 Week Virtual Learning Journey|
|Fee||$1,694 (inc GST)|
|Certification||2 CEMD Units of Credit The Certificate in Executive Management and Development (CEMD) is attained by accruing unit points through completing AGSM Short or Custom Courses and offers credits towards an MBAX, AGSM’s next generation online MBA|
|Start date||15 Feb 2021|
What you will learn
Over two weeks of virtual workshops and action learning, you will develop an understanding of compliance and key regulators, strategic objectives, emerging trends and best practice risk management, alongside the mindsets and behaviours to support a shift into risk-related tasks or roles.
You will complete a series of live workshops and self-paced activities, designed to build your ability to:
- Understand the role of compliance and regulators
- Distinguish between different types of risk
- Understand the link between strategic objectives and compliance
- Understand the importance of risk culture in an organisation
- Evaluate and categorise risks
- Use the lens of likelihood to analyse risk
- Work with risk management frameworks
- Understand how risk and the risk culture can impact your customer
- Implement operational controls to minimise risk
- Respond to emerging trends and challenges with future-focused strategies
“The AGSM Operational Risk in Financial Services virtual courses provide a clear approach to risk management under financial services regulation, and practical guidance on effective risk assessment and management in business operations.” James Myerscough, Program Director
You can read more from James here.
How you will learn
Led by a financial services industry expert, you will take part in live virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning and coaching to upskill you as a risk professional, ready to take on the challenges of today’s dynamic environment.
|Start date||Fee||Workshop schedule||Enrol|
|15 Feb 2021||$1,694|
Tue 16 Feb, 10:00 – 12.00pm (includes 30min optional Q&A)