Some organisations have been making the shift to virtual work practices incrementally, for others it is an entirely new paradigm. Wherever you are in the journey, virtual team leadership presents new challenges and opportunities which require leaders to expand their existing leadership toolkit.
This course will help you create a roadmap to lead with confidence in a virtual or remote working environment.
Key course details
|Duration||14 Hours across a 2 Week Virtual Learning Journey|
|Fee||$ 990 (inc GST)|
|Certification||2 CEMD Units of Credit The Certificate in Executive Management and Development (CEMD) is attained by accruing unit points through completing AGSM Short or Custom Courses and offers credits towards an MBAX, AGSM’s next generation online MBA|
|Start date||More dates to be announced shortly|
What you will learn
Designed for team leaders and managers who need a toolkit to navigate virtual leadership, this course will help you build on and grow your leadership style to drive productivity in a virtual team.
Over two weeks of virtual workshops and action learning, you will develop your management toolkit to:
- Recognise and apply your leadership strengths to this new environment
- Understand and respond to the impact of virtual working on your team and its culture
- Apply a growth mindset to respond to emerging challenges and opportunities
- Communicate more effectively and engage in challenging conversations in a virtual world
- Acknowledge current realities while continuing to build a vision for the future
- Establish and align goals and drive accountability
- Use continual learning and self-reflection techniques to improve culture and outcomes
- Make better leadership decisions that create clarity for your team
- Build a culture of trust
- Leverage team diversity
- Integrate resilience and wellbeing into the operational rhythm of your team
Making a successful shift to virtual leadership requires addressing four key areas, according to AGSM Adjunct and UNSW Business School faculty:
1. Pinning down the team’s purpose
2. Building trust
3. Being mindful of different home situations
4. Assessing strengths and weaknesses
How you will learn
Led by experts in leadership and team performance, you will take part in live virtual workshops, interspersed with action learning and coaching to prepare you to address the challenges and realise the opportunities of leadership in a virtual environment.